SOCCER MOM

I never imagined that I'd be one of those "soccer moms" that drive around a mini-van full of kids. Okay, so I don't drive a mini-van AND I only have one kid....but I must say that I do feel like a soccer mom. Today was Macey's first day of soccer practice at Petersen Barn Community Center. She was so excited to show everyone her sparkly pink soccer ball, and ran full speed toward the field. However, just before arriving at her destination she screeched to a halt and remembered that she was "too shy." She did a U-Turn and clung to my leg as I tried to join the other soccer moms in their lawn chairs. Eventually she was able to join her class, but politely said "No thank you" to every instruction that her soccer coach gave her. Hmmmm...a politely oppositional child? Hopefully she is just shy, reserved, uncertain. Anything but "OPPOSITIONAL." When no one was looking, Macey would do exactly what her teacher had tried to teach her...and then some. In any case. I was very proud of her. After practice was over, Macey informed me that she needed "shoes with bumps on the bottom" (i.e. cleats) like another child, as then she could "kick so far like a fast boy." One small condition.....her soccer shoes needed to be pink! Pink? After searching the internet and calling every sporting goods store in the Eugene-Springfield area we located one miniature pair of pink soccer shoes. Mission accomplished!

No comments: