Trick or Treat!

This was Macey's first Halloween where she really seemed to understand that there was some point to all the strange goings on. First it started with getting giant pumpkins, and wondering...."What are we going to do with these? Afterall, they don't seem to bounce?" (Oh, yes, and she did try that out - thus the flat side of her pumpkin.) When it came time to cut the top off the pumpkin, and scoop it out...she was initially thrilled, but soon became disgusted. I then had to take over. When we put a candle inside and started to light it, she covered her ears and said, "I don't like fire quackers mama!" She thought her pumpking was going to explode into the air. She was comforted when he just glowed. The next morning, she got to dress up in her Wonder Woman costume. When we bought the costume, I might have been reminiscing about my own childhood love for Wonder Woman. I ultimately had to tell her it was "Princess Wonder Woman" before she'd agree to pick that one. I had fun showing her how Wonder Woman would use her silver arm bands to deflect speeding bullets (okay, maybe not age appropriate)! She then went to Jasper and joined her day care friends in trick or treating through the castle. Later that night, she wore her fairy costume and learned that knocking on doors results in strangers giving you candy for no reason other than the fact that you look cute. Macey, however, was more interested in the dogs that came to the door than the candy. When one man told her to pick a candy, she replied, "Can I have your puppy?" The evening ended with a sugar high, and a ten o'clock bedtime (need I say more?)

Macey and "Pumpkin"

Macey and Hazel, enjoying their suckers!


"Wummer Woman"


Macey, Hazel, Sawyer & Van


The bat, the skunk, and the fairy!


"Trick or Treat"

No comments: