
Today we met some friends at Mt. Pisgah, and walked around the Arboreum trails. Macey played with her friends, Noah and Evan, and had a great time exploring. After a picnic lunch, Macey and I proceeded to hike Mt. Pisgah - something we had last done when she was about 1 1/2 years old. As I loaded her in her Kelty backpack, I realized she was now 34 pounds, and not quite as light. Needless to say, it was clear this would be a challenge. Alisha (a respite child who had spent the weekend with us), and Elaine (her friend), joined us. Alisha complained and whined about having to carry a backpack full of water bottles, but quickly stopped when offered the opportunity to trade me packs! Just as I thought. Anyway, we made it to the top and it was worth it. Once we got there, however, Macey informed me... Mommy, I'm 'begosted'(exhausted). I need a rest." All that riding really tuckered her out! She did fall asleep immediately upon reaching the bottom of the mountain.








1 comment:
Julie and Macy. What a great opportunity to hear about you guys. I cannot believe that you had Macy in the backpack and carried her all the way up the mountain! No wonder she was tired at the top :) I am looking forward to hear from you guys again!
Post a Comment